Maine Snowshoeing

Welcome to all interested in snowshoeing or the Snowshoe Series!
cakej1

Maine Snowshoeing

Postby cakej1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:54 am

So far this season I've gone down to a couple of the snowshoe races in New Hampshire. It worked out so on the way back to Maine I could stop off at Bradbury Squall and the Hebron Hills races and get in some double fun. Both Bradbury and Hebron put on great events. Awesome courses, very well marked and great food and prizes. For whatever reason snowshoe running in Maine has seemed to be a little behind the rest of New England when it comes to putting on snowshoe races, but both Bradbury and Hebron met up to the great standards I've seen from the Granite state series and the WMAC races I've been to in the past.

Now that I'm mainly focusing on trail and snowshoe racing I plan on not only making my way out to some WMAC races, but hopefully gaining some interest in having others in New England come to Maine and race here. Looking at the snowshoe schedule the last two races on the Northeast Federation schedule in Maine are at Bradbury Moutain. The Bradbury Whiteout is on February 13th and the Bradbury Blizzard is on February 27th. I know the schedule is full and the travel is tough sometimes, but just keep in mind Maine is putting on some pretty awesome events now and we'd love to have the rest of New England join in the fun.

Judson Cake

dion

Postby dion » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:09 pm

That's for sure! I'm hoping to get up there!

cakej1

Maine

Postby cakej1 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:22 pm

I'd also like everyone to keep in mind that if you want some awesome training and you need to get away, anyone is more than welcome to stay with us in Bar Harbor. Acadia National Park has 50+ miles of carriage roads, hundreds of trails and is just an awesome place to train. Just need a little notice, but my wife and I will put you up for a day or two and you'll be well fed since I've cooked at a gourmet restaurant for 18 years.

And if you're one of my rivals, you can still come, but I may try and fatten you up with lots of food so you're not so fast, haha.

But seriously, just let me know.

doublej

Postby doublej » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:32 pm

we may have to take you up on the run at acadia this spring/summer... sounds like it could be a good plan for sure!
Whatever you do, DO NOT GO TO:

http://doublejrunning.blogspot.com

cakej1

Postby cakej1 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Anytime. Make it a mini training camp.

Return to “Snowshoes!”