Groton Trail Race 2012

Welcome to all in the Grand Tree trail race series and to the regional trail running community.
ABCabot

Groton Trail Race 2012

Postby ABCabot » Mon May 21, 2012 3:30 pm

We've been running the Groton Trail Race Course during the past few weeks. Due to some active logging, (it's a shame, I don't think it was needed) a portion of the course (around mile marker 4) has been, well, obliterated. :( The course is in need of a fix before the race will come off this season.

amhall

Re: Groton Trail Race 2012

Postby amhall » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:57 pm

I went for a run over the Groton Trail Race course this morning (9/30). The trail through the obliterated (accurate description) has been re-established. Great job to whoever made the effort. I also noticed other over grown sections have been cleaned up as well. Looks like it will be race ready for October 14th.

FLAP

Re: Groton Trail Race 2012

Postby FLAP » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:11 pm

I sure hope the guy in the picture isn't running in the race. threre was one who looked quite a bit like him when I ran your race last year. It seems awfullly inconsiderate of runners who feel that they must run a trail race with their pet, leashed or unleashed. There are 364 other days in the year that a pet owner can run in the woods with his dog. One has enough problems concentrating on where his next foot will land. Add a dog running between his legs, or a leashed one running across his path to entangle him, and large liability can problems arise when the runner goes sprawling down a hillside! We at WMAC have urged all dog owners to leave their dogs leashed near the race area while their master runs his race. It is doubtful that our race insurance would cover a dog-related incident happening during a sanctioned race. ...FLAP

Return to “Grand Tree Series”