Mt Toby results posted?

Welcome to all in the Grand Tree trail race series and to the regional trail running community.
bradyapba

Mt Toby results posted?

Postby bradyapba » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Im new, so I might not know where to look. Have they not been posted, or am I just being a noob? Thanks!

Rob Higley

Re: Mt Toby results posted?

Postby Rob Higley » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:06 am

Not yet (as of Thursday night). They should be posted here with Grand Tree points, within a day or so of appearing on the Toby race website, http://mttobytrailrun.com/. Sounds like you made it through your first trail race, congratulations! Just in time to start thinking of taking up snowshoeing to get ready for the spring! :D
- Rob
"All you really need to know is that the universe is a lot more complicated than you might think, even if you start from a position of thinking it's pretty damn complicated in the first place."
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

bradyapba

Re: Mt Toby results posted?

Postby bradyapba » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:05 am

Thanks rob! I did! barely. You can see my write up here...

http://chrisrunsandoeslife.tumblr.com/post/12869330721/mount-toby-trail-run-14-miles-7-up-7-back

A little about me....(40 years old, 2 back surgeries) I just started running in July. lost 40lbs(250 to 210). Mostly 3-5 mile runs, (2) - 6.1 milers, and (1) 13.5 miler to prove to myself I could do a half marathon, at my own pace, at Forest Park. Only raced on pavement. Have done 4 5ks, and 1 Rugged Maniac Adventure race(www.ruggedmaniac.com)(southwick), 3.1 miles.

So this Mount Toby race, was WAY past my skill level. It was WAY harder than I thought. But sometimes you just got to do stuff to prove you can. :)

I finished last. :) BUT, I thought I was about an hour behind the last runners I saw pass me on the way down as I was going up. Turns out it was only about 20 minutes. I must of made up time :) because results are posted! :)

hmmm snow shoes....interesting! Im gonna have to look up some prices.

Return to “Grand Tree Series”